I had no problems converting over to only Firefox Portable save for updating Adobe Flash Player (AFP). AFP doesn't detect Firefox Portable; if you have an installed version of Firefox, Firefox Portable will use the AFP that is installed on the host computer. However, if there is no installed version of Firefox, then you'll have to employ this workaround:
- Download the latest version of AFP.
- Download the portable app called Universal Extractor by going to this FAQ page at The Portable Freeware Collection, reading the very first FAQ on that page regarding extracting files from an installer, and following the directions contained therein.
- Close any and all instances of Firefox.
- Use Universal Extractor to extract the component files of the AFP installation executable, install_flash_player.exe.
- Find flashplayer.xpt and NPSWF32.dll and copy them to the following locations within the Firefox Portable Edition directory: